Many administrative positions are contractual with federal agencies including the department of Interior (Bureau of Indian Affairs- BIA), the department of Commerce (Economic Development Administration-EDA), the department of labor (Comprehensive Employment Training Act -ETA), the Department of Health and Human Services.
Bureau of Indian Affairs - Ute Mountain Agency - Towaoc,Co
Bureau of Indian Affairs - Law Enforcement Services
Indian Health Services - Ute Mountain Health Clinic - Towaoc,Co
- Office of the Superintendent - Dean Fox
- Branch of Administration - (VACANT)
- Branch of Realty - Bernice Clayton
- Branch of Facilities Management - Keith Yessilth
- Branch of Natural Resources - Lyman Clayton
- Branch of Forestry - Tom Rennick
- Branch of Fire Management - Joe Morris
- Law Enforcement - Evelyn Billie
This department is the BIA -Law Enforcement it deals with the Cheif Ignacio detention center and our local BIA - police.
Towaoc Police Department
Chief Ignacio Justice Center Adult Detention (Montezuma County)
US Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA)
107 Spruce Street PO Box 129
Towaoc, CO, 81334
This department deals with trust /probate responsabilities a type of government to government relations.
Bureau of Indian Affairs Ute Mountain Agency
This department is a facility for health services here in towaoc Dr. visits, Dental,Well Child Care, Optometry, and Behavioral Health.
Ute Mountain Ute Tribe
P.O. BOX JJ
Towaoc, Colorado 81334
Main line: (970) 565-3751
Fax line: (970) 564-5709